This procedure is recommended for patients with folds and deeper wrinkles on the face. It excels with the cheek lines, around the mouth, on the forehead and around the eyes, and also with over-expressive nasolabial folds.The result of the application is the filling of the wrinkles.
The wrinkles are eliminated thanks to the application of the hyaluronic acid which is also a natural component of the bodily tissues. It is responsible for maintaining proper moisture of the skin and at time passes it is gradually absorbed. The aging process is mostly about water loss which results in formation of folds, wrinkles and flaccidity.
The hyaluronic acid fillers are considered to be the safest substances in their class. Apart from filling the lines, they also offer an energetic stimulation of the skin, thanks to which after the absorption of the substance (about 6-8 months) the wrinkles are more shallow than before the procedure. Directly after the procedure the injected area of the skin may be a little swollen and red.
The substances are applied with extremely thin needles which reduces pain sensations. After injecting the gel into the wrinkle line or in the lips, the substance bonds the water and increases the volume of the tissue in that area which reduces the depth of the wrinkle or models the shape of the lips. The procedure usually lasts up to 30 minutes and the results can be observed immediately in the mirror. The procedure does not disturb the regular functioning.
The effect of the treatment remains visible for 5-9 months and depends directly on the type of the skin, its hydration level, the activity of the facial muscles and the lifestyle. The injections are carried out under local anaesthesia (the Emla cream or Painblock). The types of fillers are selected according to the various areas of the face and types of wrinkles.
- pregnancy, breastfeeding
- autoimmune diseases
- propensity for keloid or hypertrophic scars
- skin inflammations (acne, herpes)
- hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid.
- redness, swelling or pain at the site of the injection into the skin - lasts up to 72 hours
- itching in the case of sensitive skin
- hypersensitivity at the site of the injection
- rare swelling in the form of a small bulge which disappears within a few weeks
After the procedure
- do not drink hot liquids or eat hot meals within the first 24 hours after the procedure if the hyaluronic acid was applied on or around the lips
- do to take sun baths, either natural ones or the solarium, do not use sauna or steam baths for 2 weeks
- if bruising occurs, rub Auriderm XO into the skin, take 2 Rutinoscorbinum pills 3 times daily